Friday, August 11, 2006

Clarins morning and the business of writing

A morning having a glorious Clarins facial and massage. Bliss. Have booked another double session - definitely worth it. Also managed to get a few items for Lord H - our 13th anniversary is coming up soon. An early anniversary present will be the set of shirt studs I bought him at the House of Fraser - as he'll need to wear them tomorrow and his old set is broken. Thank goodness HoF had a set left!

At home, there was an email from Robin saying how much she'd enjoyed "Pink Champagne and Apple Juice", especially the German chef and his mushroom fetish. So that's cheered me up no end - thanks, Robin!

This afternoon, I've been heavily involved in the business of writing - ie finding out about upcoming competitions and sending work out to publishers - so that's been a hard slog. But enjoyable. No time for "The Gifting" today, I'm afraid ...

Am thinking of having LaStone Therapy - as it looks so wonderfully relaxing and I really love stones. It gives me that Japanese zen feeling. There's a woman in Farnham who offers the treatment at reasonable prices, so I might give it a go after our holiday. We'll see how brave I'm feeling!

Today's three nice things:

1. Clarins massage
2. Robin enjoying "Champers"
3. The nap I'm about to have - probably!

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: