Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Counselling

Got a hell of a lot done at work today, and actually felt quite calm and not so low. Result, eh? Still tired though, but that's not too surprising. Had a lunchtime counselling session with Zoe, which was really very good indeed. I felt quite energised after it. We talked about the fact that I never feel I fit into the "girl" or "boy" slots in life, but am somewhere in between, simply being me. Bloody hell, but gender specifics are way overrated ...! If I had to make a choice, I'd say that inside I feel 75% boy and 25% girl, or maybe 65/35. Either way, welcome to the twilight zone. This might go some way towards explaining why if I write from the male point of view, I use "I", and if I write from the female point of view, I use "she". And in my dreaming I'm a man. Mostly. But hell, live with it, people. Quite honestly, it is what it is. Anyway, talking about this kind of stuff made me feel much more real. And that can only be for the good.

Was going to go golfing with Marian tonight, but the winter nights are drawing in, so we decided against it. What the heck happened to summer??

I've just finished Nicci French's "Catch Me When I Fall" - all about a woman with bipolar disorder. Great and page-turning stuff, but it's made me feel very edgy. I also enjoyed the fact that the second character gets a chunk to herself at the end, thus giving a different and equally exciting view of events.

Today's nice things:

1. Counselling
2. The Nicci French book
3. Work being all right.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: