Saturday, October 14, 2006

Still sick, dammit ...

.... and another rough night in the living room with very little sleep. Which meant I've been too ill to go golfing today. Further damns. And I suspect the cleaning will have to wait. Not to mention any thought of writing!

Still, I did enjoy the double bill of Star Trek this afternoon, along with the new series of Monk. What did sick people do before the age of TV? I dread to think.

Being up all night meant I finished Jodi Picoult's "Perfect Match". Another page turner from the mistress of page turning work, but my goodness what a horrible heroine and an equally horrible heroine's husband. I had no sympathy with either of them. How I wish Nina had gone to jail for twenty years - it would have been justice for her crass stupidity, shallowness and general bitchiness. I felt sorry for the poor priest - no justice for him, obviously ... And why was everyone in love with her? They must have been mad.

Today's nice things:

1. Star Trek
2. Monk.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: