Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thorn cover and the last story

Spent a fair amount of time last night and this morning updating the various websites and blogs I use with the new Thorn in the Flesh cover. I must say that I'm rather pleased with the quote I've chosen to go underneath it on that page - it's one of my favourites from the book. Though it's not actually Kate who says it.

For the rest of the day, I've been busy editing Simon's last story (and his most traumatic one) in The Gifting. Which I have finally done and am therefore on page 435 of 466, hurrah! I'm now faced with a total rewrite of the final chapters to add in at least six zillion percent of drama and excitement. Frankly, I read what I have there now and I groan - what can I have been thinking of? Ye gods, when I'm bad I'm utter crap, m'dears. No wonder the agent was so pissed off with me. Can't say I blame him - I am already beating myself up with twigs. And more. My, what fun we have here in the shires ...

I have also done my daughterly duty and ordered flowers for Mothers Day - it's next week, people (if you're in the UK, that is), so do it now if you need to! I just hope the delivery firm can find the place - they do usually have trouble, which isn't helped by the fact that Mother lives in one of the few streets in the UK which actually has no name. Spooky, eh, but it explains a lot.

Not only that but I've washed the car and made another rhubarb crumble for lunch. Ye gods but sometimes I'm just so damn good that I should patent myself. Hell, it won't last long though. Never ruddy does. But at least it's taking my mind off the upcoming Thorn in the Flesh book launch - only three days to go and I am shitting the proverbial. Metaphorically of course. Must make sure I have enough calming pills to last between now and then ...

Tonight, I'm going to be glued to the TV (no change there then), watching "Lark Rise to Candleford" and the utterly glorious "Lewis". Yes, at last the ideal Sunday night viewing is upon us and I can stop being noble and watching Monty's Gardens (nice but too worthy). Phew!

This week's haiku (which I thought of while I was skipping round the Watts Chapel gravestones yesterday):

Graveyard Conundrum
It's either the moles
who shoulder up the earth, or
the escaping dead.


Today's nice things:

1. The Thorn cover - I love it!
2. Finishing the edit of Simon's last story in The Gifting
3. TV.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website
Goldenford Publishers

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I've just ordered Thorn in the Flesh from Goldenford. Looking forward to reading it though it might have to join my TBR pile for a while

:)

CX

Anne Brooke said...

Gosh, thanks, Cathy! You are now officially my 2nd buyer! I shall check with Jennifer to make sure she's got the notification for you.

And I know what you mean - my TBR pile is taking over the house ...

==:O

Hugs galore

A
xxx

Nik Perring said...

The cover looks great, Anne! Fabulous! I'll order when I get chance; things are a little hectic at the mo.

N x

Anne Brooke said...

Ooh, thanks, Nik - much appreciated! Hope all calms down for you soon.

Hugs!

A
xxx