Monday, April 07, 2008

Back to school and the Ego Wall

Back to the grindstone today, though surprisingly I haven’t felt so bad about it. Weird, that. Mind you, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the time over Easter not being at work. It’s been great – retirement holds no fear, I can tell you. Bring it on!

I’ve also had quite an easy start to the day in that my computer’s been off-line for an hour and a half. Heck, I’m not complaining. We finally solved the problem by reattaching the network cable into the correct hole. Aha! Ruth is now traumatised as it was she (her? I forget my grammar on a Monday – which is a lifestyle choice of course) who removed the cable while I was away in order to recharge the laptop for the chaplain (who apparently has yet to collect it, sigh …). Actually I wish it could happen every morning – 75 minutes downtime before the day starts is heaven, frankly.

In any case, I’ve dealt with the emails cluttering up my inbox, or at least printed them out. I now have the same flurry of unresolved meetings to sort out as I had before Easter. Groan! Still at least my Wednesday meeting has been cancelled in favour of an email approach, so I can claw back some time there, hurrah.

Managed to pop out at lunchtime to do some of my Tesco shopping, which means I won’t have to spend quite so much time there after work – time at home is always A Good Thing. I might do some more to The Bones of Summer but we’ll see. I absolutely can’t miss “The Fixer” on TV – I’m utterly hooked now.

In the meantime I’m struggling with writing a terza rima for a Writers’ News competition – rhyming is not my forte, believe me, and the form just has so many ruddy rhymes, darn it. I feel triteness is starting to overwhelm me. Hmm, so no change there then …

And Lord H has decided to print out and frame all my book covers so far and put them on a wonderfully named Ego Wall in the spare room – where I do my writing. Bliss. Inspiration for the desperate novelist indeed.

Today’s nice things:

1. A leisurely start to the day
2. Surviving the day
3. The Ego Wall.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website
Goldenford Publishers - for the time being ...

2 comments:

Casdok said...

I think framing your book covers is a fab idea!

Anne Brooke said...

Tee hee! I might decide to make them into Christmas cards this year too!

:))

A
xxx