Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Maloney done and the Golden Girls' Roadshow

Success! I've finished the final run-through of Maloney's Law and have sent it off to PD Publishing. I'm happy and I think they're happy, so that's a relief! It feels so damn wonderful to be at this stage, I have to say. It's come at the right time for me too - what with a holiday booked for the end of May, it's going to be lovely to have a break.

This afternoon, the Goldenford Girls and I have been at the Guildford Institute giving our "Writing from our Roots" talk. Sans Irene sadly, as she needed to be elsewhere, but I read her talk out for her and, really, the whole event went astonishingly well. The audience seemed to love it (hurrah!), we had loads of questions at the end and people bought books. Double hurrah! I even sold four copies of Thorn in the Flesh which filled me with joy. And an arts organiser from Farnham took our cards as she'd like us to come and give a talk to them as well. Gosh indeed! Also lovely to catch up with Peter, our retired University registrar (and the very kind man who actually gave me my job, against all the odds, I'm sure!), who was there. And who also bought a copy of Thorn. Thank you, Peter!

Tonight, I'm going to chill out. Lord knows I deserve it. Though I do fear the ironing pile is calling out to me, dammit ... Back, back, you beast, back!...

Today's nice things:

1. Finishing Maloney and thinking yes
2. The Goldenford talks
3. Selling some copies of Thorn.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website
Goldenford Publishers - giving you the hottest books around, don't you know!

2 comments:

Nik Perring said...

Sounds like all's good, Anne! Grand stuff!

N

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Nik!

Hugs to you and hope you feel better soon ...

A
xxxxxxxxxxx