Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bones, Clarins and a new lease of life for Thorn

Have started the second edit of The Bones of Summer today and am now on Chapter Five. I'm actually rather excited about this read-through, and I'm tweaking for Britain. It's more fun now I've done most of the plot changes to concentrate on the text itself. I rather enjoy this stage.

And I had the first of my envelopes back from the Winchester Writers' Conference and apparently Bones was not only shortlisted in the novel competition, but Commended too. Hurrah! This time, they didn't ask to see the rest of it though, but never mind - I'm not a complete idiot and I did realise that Piatkus Press were unlikely to want a gay crime novel!

Early afternoon found me in Guildford having a Clarins facial and back massage with the new therapist - a lovely girl called Thirza (great name, and apparently ancient Cornish, though she's not ...) whose family make up most of the employees at John Lewis in Kingston. Always good to have a tame shop somewhere in the family, you know. Shame ours is just a butcher, and even that only through my step-father. Ah well.

But the seriously nice news of the day is that Bristlecone Pine Press have accepted Thorn in the Flesh as one of their first round of eBooks. Thank you, Leslie! This is especially good as a few of my US readers have been asking if Thorn is available as an eBook. Well, now it will be, though obviously I don't know dates yet. Watch this space ...

Tonight, I shall be doing more second-round editing to Bones and watching great swathes of TV which appear to be passing over the horizon. A perfect Thursday plan, I think.

Today's nice things:

1. Editing Bones
2. Clarins massages
3. A Thorn eBook
4. TV.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website

14 comments:

Sarah Hilary said...

What a lot of lovely news, Anne! Top whack! xx

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Sarah!

:))

A
xxx

Nik Perring said...

Cool, cool, cool and congrats! The Ebook wossname sound sexciting!

Nik

Nik Perring said...

Of course that should have been: sounds exciting.

Oops.

Nik

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Nik! And oh I don't know - sexciting sounds fabulous!

:))

A
xxx

Nik Perring said...

It does, doesn't it!

N :)

Anonymous said...

That's more than seriously nice news about Thorn in the Flesh, that's fantastic news. Way to go, Anne!

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Vicki - inspired by you of course!

A
xxx

Ooh, and I've taken the double helping of plates out in the eVersion - thank you for that!

Jackie Luben said...

Well done Anne, particularly on the Winchester result and the e-book.

I am tagging ten people who should say '15 things about me'. Will you be one of them?

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Jackie! I must admit I don't do tags though, but thanks for thinking of me. I reckon people know way too much about me already!!!

:))

A
xxx

Tania Hershman said...

Hey, how wonderful all of that is, congraulations! Commended... and an eBook. You are so 21st century!
Tania xx

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Tania! And I don't even have a microwave ...

==:O

A
xxx

Jilly said...

Great news about Thorn! Well done

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Jilly!

A
xxx