Thursday, May 27, 2010

Branded Words

Lordy, but this week seems to be hugely difficult - I'm really way too tired to cope with it and goodness knows when I'm going to get any sleep, but we struggle bravely on. The Empire Spirit, don't you know.

Anyway, I'm pleased to say that you can now find all my romantic fiction at 1Romance Ebooks and, with romance in mind, I now have a brand-new web page for upcoming gay short story, Angels and Airheads, (plus extract) due out from Torquere Press on 12 June.

Meanwhile, a new anthology of prose and poetry, Branded Words, is now out at Amazon UK and Amazon US and contains a poem from me, so buy early, buy often. As they say.

I've also send the final edits for Martin and The Wolf back to Amber Allure, and that's due out 13 June. So that's going to be an exciting weekend for sure! Though, as I'm away on holiday then, I'll have to catch up with marketing when I get back. I've also sent back the contract for straight and slightly naughty short story, The Boilerman and The Bride, to Amber Quill Press, and that's due out on 4 July.

Ooh and I'm delighted to see my author details are now at Cheyenne Publishing, hurrah!

Finally, here are this week's meditation poems so far:

Meditation 358
The first act
the new leader performs

is sleeping
with the old leader’s women.

I wonder how much
that would liven up politics

if it happened today.

Meditation 359
To defeat the one
you hate
and fear

bring twelve thousand men
and as many ropes
into the city.

Leave behind
not a single stone,
not a single breath.

Meditation 360
On a day like this
the only thing to do

is hide in a well
covered with gravel

and wait.

Meditation 361
It’s not the words
that speak

but the pictures:
a young man

hanging from a tree
in a wild uproar

of life;
an old man

waiting quietly
as death holds out

its gentle
unavoidable hand.

Anne Brooke
The Prayer Seeker's Journal

No comments: