Sunday, December 14, 2014

5-star review for The Gangster's Wife

Much to my astonishment and relief, quirky crime novel The Gangster's Wife has just received its first Amazon review and it's a 5-star one, well gosh!

"The Gangster's Wife, by Anne Brooke, was not only an excellent read, but a bit on the realistic side as well. I found this book to be so relatable because it does happen in the real world. Many wives go through their marriages being so completely unsure of what their spouse is up to, until someone comes knocking on their door … I loved the character developments in this story, and the character of Elise is exciting as well. I was engrossed in this one from start to finish, and would definitely recommend it."

I do feel quite choked up about this, as this novel is my first real indie book and so far there's been a terrible silence about it - which these days is actually something I'm getting used to, hey ho, but it's still not particularly pleasant. But today, this review has put a smile on my face and made being a writer feel just a tiny teeny bit less hopeless for once, so thank you.

You can read the rest of the review here. And if you're so inclined, you can even explore the book a little further at Amazon here. Thank you!

Anne Brooke Books
The Gathandrian Fantasy Trilogy
Gay Reads UK


No comments: